Saturday, August 16, 2008

Update...

While using the Tumeric, I'm not sure if I'm seeing improvement. I've been giving them both 2 capsules, 3 times a day with 1 capsule of Milk Thistle. It did seem like some spots were healing up and were less swollen, but they were still getting new ones. So it doesn't seem to be doing the best job. We are still continuing, but I decided to contact the microbiologist contact I found and ask his opinion a few days ago. My 8yo had one boil about 2 inches in diameter and my 4 yo had some new ones appearing around her hairline...she would at times have 15 or so, very small pimple-like ones. I was feeling like antibiotics were going to be necessary. It hasn't been this bad since probably February.

I asked him if it's best to use Hibiclens before going to oral antibiotics. His suggestion was to use the Hibiclens first...so we started that two days ago. It's amazing how fast it works. My 4yo's are completely gone, and my 8yo just has the one large one healing up, it's not draining anymore, just red.

So...what to do now. I think we will continue the two baths a day and only use Hibiclens when we see new spots appearing. Instead of washing them head to toe (except face) with Hibiclens...we will only use it on the spots. This way they will keep some good bacteria on their skin to help fight this nasty bug!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In your previous post, you said you were getting off Hibiclens:

After talking with Dr. Hudson, we've decided to not use Hibiclens if at all possible. It is an anti-bacterial, so it leaves the strong MRSA to multiply into more.

Now, you're getting back on?

What is considered resistance-prone "antibacterial" anyways? Is Lysol included?

What are cleaners safe to use that bacteria won't develop resistance to? Bleach, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, etc?

Anonymous said...

You do know that you can buy turmeric powder in bulk foods, right? Much cheaper that way than caps. So instead of caps, I would take a heaping tablespoon or more dissolved in a glass of water 3X per day. Just make sure you drink a lot of water afterwards because turmeric tends to dry you out.

I think with the natural herbs, you may want to take larger amounts (safely). Like if you eat garlic, don't just eat 1 clove a day. Eat a whole bulb a day.

Same with turmeric. You may need more than a few tiny caps a day to see a difference.

Also try praying to God for antibodies to your MRSA/Staph. :)