Sunday, August 10, 2008

New Procedure...


After talking with Dr. Hudson, we've decided to not use Hibiclens if at all possible. It is an anti-bacterial, so it leaves the strong MRSA to multiply into more. He did suggest two showers a day though, so we've started doing two showers each day. WOW...we go through lots of laundry!

We have seen an increase in some spots on them though. I'm thinking it's partially because they have very little good bacteria left on their skin to help fight of the strong MRSA there. It totally makes sense. I've wondered why we still see spots now and then even after Hibiclens...because the strong germs are still there!

I found a website with overwhelming results for Turmeric (the Indian spice)..so we are trying it. I have to say, it seems to really be helping. It's only been a few days for my 4yo and 1 day for my 8yo and they look to be getting smaller and drying up (although they are really small...like an eraser or smaller) so it's hard to tell for sure. I'll be keeping and eye on it though and let you know how it works. Here is the website with the information on the Turmeric.


http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/MRSA.html

My browser isn't letting me enter it as a link, so you'll have to type it in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently got a Staph/MRSA boil infection myself.

I had it lanced and drained. The packing just came out and I'm healing up now.

Right before I had it checked out (didn't know what it was), I instinctively started eating a LOT of raw garlic. Then I read about turmeric yesterday and started taking it then.

Thanks for the Hibiclens tip. I was almost going to try it, but decided not to yesterday. Have you tried bleach baths?

This poster here, Pippi, says that turmeric and bleach baths gave her great improvement:

4 days ago, I began taking 2 capsules of Turmeric per day. Also, 3 days ago, I began taking one bleach bath per day. I put 1/4 cup of Clorox beach in my bath. I try to lay down and relax in the water, and I even soak my scalp in it.

As far as the bleach in the baths, the 1/4 cup is such small amount, that it's likely less than you would be exposed to if you were in a swimming pool. The smell is not overpowering or anything. I noticed on another board, a woman was posting the story of her own family and how their infectious disease doctor told them to do the bleach baths...she stated that her house now smelled like the YMCA, lol! And it is like that a little bit at mine, too, but I don't mind! It's working!

I am noticing DRAMATIC IMPROVEMENT! I mean, DRAMATIC! At the time I began this, I had two pretty major boils, and a handful of others that were there, but not huge or painful yet. As I write this, ALL have diminished significantly or disappeared entirely!


Bleach can be a bit hard on the skin. I heard 70% alcohol also is good at killing Staph, but can possibly also make the skin more porous. What about hydrogen peroxide, though? Have you heard if that is good to use?

Keep us updated on how the turmeric is working, as I'm curious myself...

I'd prefer not to have to use antibiotics like Bactrim, since they have high toxicity to the body and often painful side effects. Also, they are apparently not necessarily that effective either, as some seem to have recurring infections after.

I do want to make sure I knock this thing out good though.

StingRay said...

Hi,

I've only had time to briefly read through your blog but I can personally relate to what you are going through. I have a 4 yo daughter with multiple food allergies (chicken, beef, pork, wheat, egg, fish, peanuts, treenuts, milk, diary, etc) and she is on a special formula called Neocate where she gets most of her protiens from. She also has bad eczema and has many countless nights of scratching and itching.

This past week she got a MRSA skin infection where she got boils over her back, buttocks, thighs, and leg. (about 20 in all). She is on antibiotics and she is recovering. The whole situation has been incredibly stressful on her (and me)

I'll pray for you and your daughters that you can over come your MRSA outbreaks and food allergies.

Thank you for sharing your story!

God Bless

Anonymous said...

Have you tried probiotics? I've read all of your entries and I don't remember anything about probiotics.