Monday, February 25, 2008

Our next step...

Well, yesterday was my 3 year old's last day on antibiotics. We are keeping a close eye on her skin to see how it does and praying, praying, praying! My 8 year old still has a few days left on hers.

We are hoping to be off of any medications and supplements for four days so we can get a GI test ran that our pediatrician wants to run. Our last visit I asked her if it's possible the MRSA is inside of her eventhough it's not systemic (which means it would be in an organ or blood). She said it wasn't systemic, there would be fever and internal pain associated with that but it could be hiding out in her GI track. My feeling, although I'm not a doctor, is that it's coming from inside. They get their MRSA spots in areas where they don't have eczema break outs. If it was coming from outside, on their skin, it seems it would be where their eczema is. They have never had it occur where their eczema is. Actually the last one my 3 year old had showed up like a rash all over her body, then turned into small MRSA spots everywhere.

We have decided to see the Infectious Disease Doctor at Wake Forest. He also specializes in children and antibiotic resistance, so it seems like a good fit. I'm just praying we don't walk away with a ton of prescriptions and that he is supportive of the allergy treatments we are doing with the girls.

I'm going to post some pictures soon, so those of you with sensitive stomachs, BEWARE (if there is anyone reading this)!

And, BTW, the small spot my husband had cleared up within a couple days with using Bactroban, tea tree oil and colloidal silver.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Dana,
I have been thinking about you alot! Thank you for your blog about this. I have a feeling we are going to start seeing more and more of this. Piper has terrible ezcema too. Last month she ended up with a staph infection. So we had antobiotics and bactroban. It went away pretty quickly. I thought about you alot during all that. It is tough and we haven't been doing it for a year like you. I will be praying for ALL of you. May God continue to sustain you! Love that-MRSA-ful!
Oh and I think to get websites to link, you need to click on the hyperlink button in the task bar at the top of the post and it should allow you to put the web address in.

His child said...

Hi, for some reasons i can't see your photos of your MRSA infection. I am really wanting to see the spots and how it evolved to. My one year old daughter has severe eczema and has been having infection since she was four months old, with many long term antibiotics (fluclox, cephalosporin, bactrim) and tubes and tubes of bactroban. I am so lost I am not sure where we are heading with this. Could you please send me an email of the photos to jtanne@gmail.com
Please please please....I am in desperation...

His child said...

Hi, I am somehow unable to view photos of the spots and boils you mentioned that you have attached onto your blog. Could you please send me some photos of them to jtanne@gmail.com

My daughter has severe eczema and has been having infection since 4 mths old and she is one year old now. She has been on too many long term antibiotics (fluclox, keflex, bactrim) I am lost and unsure where we are heading...please please please could I hear from you.