Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Allergies

Both of the girls have allergies that are hard to figure out. We know some of them, but the rest is like finding a needle in a haystack. My 3 yo has tested postive to being allergic to eggs, dog, and cashews when she was 2. The eggs she is now able to eat since NAET treatment for it, even though they use to cause extreme reactions. We suspect coconut oil and wheat or gluten as allergens as well, eventhough they didn't show up on the test. She has a lot of unknown allergies that cause her to break out in rashes or cause her mouth to turn red, just around her lips, after she eats something. We also have a hard time finding a hand soap she can use. Everything we have tried either stings or turns her hands red and burns.

My 8yo has tested positive for allergies to wheat, tomatoes, different grasses and trees, and mold. Mold is a big one, her asthma is mostly triggered by mold. We also suspect milk, beans, and bananas, and she recently had an anyphylactic reaction to cashews. What are the odd that two sisters have the same nut allergy? Both my husband and I have no food allergies. I have a small spot of eczema that doesn't even bother me, and he does have asthma and some seasonal allergies, but other than that we are healthy.

My 8yo came to me a few days ago and said her head was itching like crazy. I looked and saw nothing unsual. The next day she said the bottoms of her feet were really itchy and they had small clear looking bumps you could barely see all over the sole of her foot. Then I noticed the same tiny clear bumps on her forehead.

Puzzled, I told her to stop using the shampoo she started using a few weeks ago and start using the one she was using before. She has done this for a few days now and her scalp is no longer itchy although she still has a few itchy spots on the soles of her feet. It seems everything is clearing up now. I guess it was something in the shampoo? But what? With 20 plus ingredients, it's hard to figure out.

No comments: