Wednesday, February 20, 2008

MRSA-ful

Well, this is my first post on our new blog. I've been having a sense to start a blog about our MRSA journey for a while now. For one, I hope that perhaps our journey will help others suffering with this infection. And, since there has been so many twists and turns along this road, I have trouble remembering all the details over the last year. So I will be using this blog as a way to keep records of our MRSA. I will start with where we are now and then back up and tell our story from the start.

Right now, my 8 year old daughter and almost 4 year old daughters are both on antibiotics AGAIN for MRSA skin infections. I stopped counting how many times they have been on antibiotics at 12 times each, and that was within 9 months. My husband just got his first MRSA spot above his knee. He has been the only one in the family not to have an outbreak until yesterday. He came to me and said he had a spider bite on his knee. I said, "Yeah, right (sacastically, as we both knew what it was).

Right now we are praying through our decision on our next steps to take with this. We have two options. I'll post later about what they are.

No comments: