Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Manuka Honey results...amazing!


Last Sunday I noticed that my one eczema patch (the only one I have, about 2" x 3") on my shin was a little sensitive. Didn't think much of it. The next morning I noticed it... There was a white spot from infection. By the next day, the entire spot was infected and very painful.

I covered it with Manuka Honey and put a dressing on top. The Manuka Honey did burn a bit. I changed the bandage twice a day. I really thought I was going to end up in the hospital, again. It was just as bad as the other ones sending me there. Within two days the pain and sensitivity were gone. Even thought the pain was gone, on Friday, after being out for a couple hours, my leg was swollen to my toes. I decided to stay off of it the entire weekend and kept it covered. The only treatment I used starting last Monday was 5 turmeric capsules 3 times a day, Hibiclens in the shower, and Manuka honey dressings.

I can't believe that within a week, the infection seems to be gone and there is no drainage. Even the eczema is clearing up. It barely drained at all, meaning that the combination had to be killing it from the inside. Amazing! Antibiotics take longer than that! WHOO HOO!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there--I'm writing from Florida and first want to thank you for sharing your personal story. We are, unfortunately, just starting our MRSA story. A month ago, my 4yo had a weird pus pocket next to his fingernail that was very painful. I took him to the doctor who put him on Augmentin and was not going to drain or culture. Because I am paranoid :) I asked her to culture it and, sure enough, it was MRSA. Even before a change in antibiotics, his finger was healing nicely. We were hopeful that it would be our one and only MRSA event.

Sadly, night before last, I came home from the hairdresser and my husband said, Rhett has a spider bite on his leg. I didn't even have to look at it. I knew it was MRSA so I took him to the doctor the next day. Without a culture, he said yes, it looked like MRSA and prescribed a second round of Septra and Hibiclens and Bactroban for the whole family. So we just all had our first Hibiclens bath and are going to bed on clean sheets.

My question is this...after reading your whole blog, I'm just wondering if you can give a step-by-step of what you would do as a new "MRSA family". I am so completely overwhelmed right now. I know I can get colloidal silver from my chiropractor...I'll look into getting the honey. If you have a bit of time, I'd really love to see a "how to" for dealing with this.

You have no idea how happy I was to find your blog. I'm terrified for my son and my family and want to get a handle on this as soon as possible. Thank you for sharing your trials...you are a blessing to us.