Monday, October 20, 2008

Manuka Honey...


Ever since we returned from the beach we have been battling eczema and trying to keep it from turning into MRSA spots. Sometimes we succeed, sometimes not. Now that the weather is changing, it will be a little more challenging. BUT...I did order some manuka honey and manuka honey ointment. I tried this (the ointment) directly onto the girls eczema spots and it seems to be working amazingly well. My 8yo's skin was really broken out and just over night cleared up immensely, so I'm hopeful.

I would note, it would be impossible to put straight manuka honey on without a bandage...can be messy. Good for wounds, or skin infection with a covering, but not to spread on the larger areas that have eczema. But, the ointment is easier...I only put it on at night so they have jammies over and it's not nearly as sticky, although it is still 40% honey. It has done a great job with eczema so far, and keeping an eye on it with MRSA. I'll update you once we've had a few more days to experiment with it.

If you want to look into the Manuka Honey, try this website: www.manukahoneyusa.com

THey have lots of information and certify their rating (although I don't know exactly what they have to do for that), but it seems like a lab has to certify for them.

I'll keep you posted...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's a promising new therapy using dye and light:


MRSA bacteria was applied to a superficial wound, then a common dye was applied, followed by a light source.

"We use deeply penetrating light because we want it to go as deep as we can and that tends to be red light," Anderson said.

In about 15 minutes the treatment is over and the bacteria are dead.

StingRay said...

Hang in there... I know it's tiring and hard.

I've been praying for you and your daughters and I know that things will get better.

Here's a song from that will hopefully encourage you:

MercyMe - Bring The Rain
From the album Coming Up To Breathe

I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that I've gone through

The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You

Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind

To turn my back on you oh Lord
My only shelter from the storms
But instead I draw closer through these times

So I pray

Chorus:
Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus Bring the Rain

I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain

You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain

So I pray

Chorus:

(Repeats)
Holy, Holy, Holy
Is the Lord God Almighty

Label: Integrity Music

Anonymous said...

Manuka Honey kills MRSA by drawing water out of the bacterial cells, making it impossible for them to survive. MRSA cells form a septum down the middle, dividing the cell into 2 separate cells every 30 minutes. Manuka Honey interrupts the cell division cycle and stops MRSA dead in its tracks.

HoneymarkProducts.com

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you found manuka honey. I had total knee-replacement surgery late last June (09) and within three weeks I had a mrsa infection (hospital generated). I knew about mrsa going into surgery so when it set in I started doing research immediately. But it wasn't until 4 months later that the Lord led me to manuka. I started applying it twice daily and the infection was gone within days. I also used some of the other helps that you mention. But nothing but the honey got rid of it completely. No problems since. Go here to read my story: http://the-good-woman.blogspot.com/2008/10/bee-well-safe-simple-inexpensive-cure.html