Tuesday, October 11, 2011

How are we now?

It's been over a year since my last post. I've been getting quite a few emails from people, so I thought it's time to update. We are all doing really well! My youngest, now 7, will occasionally get a little spot that goes away quickly with manuka products, but has only had antibiotics once in the last two years! The rest of us have been completely MRSA free! So, for those of you suffering through, be encouraged.

We are still struggling through health issues with my youngest. She has asthma, food allergies, and environmental allergies, and eczema. She was in the hospital in March for asthma for two nights. They now have her on asthmanex daily and that seems to be helping to control it. Right now our biggest obstacle is her stomach pain. As I speak she is lying in bed with her stomach hurting. She said it hurt all night and it hurts almost daily. We have figured out some of her food allergies, and I'm thinking there are some still unknown. She is already on a diet free of gluten, dairy, egg, soy, nuts, melons, citrus, and tropical fruits. I'm suspecting some sort of meat as another allergen. Her stomach is distended a lot and she should be skin and bones with all the foods she can't have, but she isn't. We are planning to have a more in depth blood test done. We had one done last year that tested the total IgE in her blood and it showed up as a number over 400. We don't know which allergens make up this 400 number. We know milk is around a 20, egg is a 2. All the known allergens only make up less than 50, so we are missing allergens that make up the other 350. Kinda hard to follow, but that is a HUGE number, especially not knowing what it's coming from.

She also had a severe reaction to carmine, which apparently is red no. 4. We had no idea she had this issue, but the attached picture is of her back. Those red stripes are what happened after ingesting a fruit cup with peaches, pears, and cherries. The rash goes up both shoulders and down her arms as well. Red no. 4 is made from a certain type of beetle, so beware!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, just came across your blog now. I am wanting to try manuka honey for my MRSA, what brand did you get? Im in Canada (but am from NZ) so am finding it hard to know which brands are good that I can get here or get shipped here.
How high does the UMF need to be in your opinion?

DeerFeather said...

I am so glad things are looking up for your family MRSA wise and hope all the other aches and pains get figured out soon. I too have celiac disease and was diagnosed with MRSA in August, 2011. It started as a skin rash covering the back of my heels. I took Bactrim, echinacea and garlic and applied tea tree oil and the areas finally healed. Now I have small red spots on different areas of my feet. Have not had the boils, thank goodness. Tea tree oil (Spring Valley brand from Walmart) dissolves most of the pus in a day! Good Stuff!!

With this second batch of infection, I am trying a more natural route with echinacea (3, 3 times a day), garlic (1, 3 times a day) and turmeric (6, 2 times a day - thanks for saying how much to take!) and am applying tea tree oil, colloid silver and manuka honey. My red spots get a typical pus cap by the second day but now are gone within 3-4 days. More spots do show up in different areas of my feet but they do not get larger and are gone within a few days, a vast improvement over the first infection.

I have noticed that the new spots only come back where MRSA has not been before. Have you noticed this as well? Have any of you had a boil in the same place twice?

Besides sharing my story, I want to thank you for sharing yours. I have learned many things by reading it; one being manuka oil (had not heard of it before) and how much turmeric to take!

PS - I believe I read you guys take garlic. Which brand do you use and how much do you take? For MRSA, taking more than the label says seems normal for supplements.

D-BUGGER said...

Yes, MRSA seems like Athlete's Foot or mold. It's not something that will likely go away overnight with 1 treatment.

But, if you treat it properly and dilligently, it should keep decreasing over time until it basically goes away. IOW, your outbreaks become less severe and more and more infrequent. Until they drop to zero eventually. This may take 1-2 years.

I also suspect that your immune system may slowly build up some immunity to it, as well.

So, I do believe it is curable, with the right protocol and allowing sufficient time.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's great that the problem has stopped. I have really bad eczema and have had problems with MRSA for the last 2 years. I am on an antibiotic until september so I'm not sure if I'm completely cured yet...but I'm glad to have found your blog. :)

tweedfamilyof4 said...

I use manukahoneyusa.com for all my manuka honey products. I ordered some manuka oil from another place, and I was pretty sure it wasn't manuka, but tea tree. I found some people try to pass off tea tree as manuka.